Job applicants policy
Data processing within the scope of the selection procedure
Within the scope of your job application with our company, you provided us with certain personal data which we will collect and process when handling your job application.
We may also receive data about you from third parties, such as a temping agency, headhunter or selection firm, or indirectly through e.g. social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
The data we will process may include in particular:
• Your identification details (last name, first names, address, ...);
• Your personal data (date and place of birth, marital status, family composition, language, nationality, gender, ... );
• Your career data (education, skills, professional experience, …);
• Your financial data (your wage with your current employer); and
• Your photo;
hereafter called the “Personal Data”.
Within the scope of the selection process, we will process these Personal Data in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, including General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 which applies from May 25, 2018 onwards and its national implementing laws, as well as the national labour law stipulations and any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
The Personal Data will be stored for the duration of the selection procedure and up to a year after its finalisation, in order to handle complaints, if any.
We take the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate security level for our Personal Data and to protect these against destruction, loss, change or unauthorized provision or unauthorized access, either accidentally or unlawfully.
You can always contact GDPRBE@hertel.com to exercise your rights, insofar as they are applicable:
• the right to access your Personal Data,
• the right to correct or delete your Personal Data,
• the right to restrict the processing of data about you,
• the right to object to the processing, and
• the right to data portability.
These rights must always be exercised within the limits set by the application data protection regulations.
Within the same limits, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority.